Your garage door is used multiple times a day, 365 days a year. That makes it one of the most used doors in your home. Many of us do not think of garage door maintenance when we are thinking about home improvement projects, but the fact is, this should be something that we think about on an annual basis. Rise & Shine Garage Doors focuses on all types of garage door repair and maintenance and can develop a routine maintenance plan for your garage door. Routine maintenance will extend the life of your garage door and make sure that it remains safe for you and your family. It also prevents bigger problems from forming and can save you time and money in the long run.
Below are the things that our company will check when you hire us to complete routine maintenance for your garage door:
- Thorough check of the door itself and opener for any safety, structural or mechanical problems.
- Identify any rust on the door or parts
- Tighten all hardware including nuts and bolts
- Check the roller ball and end bearings to make sure that they are working correctly
- Inspect the garage door tracks to be sure that there are no obstructions and that alignment is correct
- Check weather seals and replace if necessary
- Check the spring balance and tension and adjust if needed
- Lubricate all moving parts on the door
- Inspect and adjust the safety sensor, opener chain and belt
- Check the limits of the garage door opener
- Complete a through garage door safety check
Garage Door Maintenance and Repair in Minneapolis, MN
This garage door maintenance checklist gives our team a lot of important information about how your garage door is working and areas that might be vulnerable to a problem in the future. Very often the adjustments that we can make during a routine maintenance check can actually prevent larger repairs from being needed. We recommend an annual maintenance check and our team can complete this quickly and give you our assessment on the spot. We also offer 24/7 repair services as well so if you are concerned about an issue with your door, we can help you with that as well. We provide strong customer service, high quality workmanship and competitive pricing and have built a reputation as a leader in garage door maintenance and repair in the Minneapolis area. For more information, give us a call at 612-886-9606.